Multiterm 2009 error: 8007007e
Thread poster: milena ferrante

milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:14
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 18, 2011

Hi, I looked everywhere and tried different solutions but nothing seems to work..

I have to work in sdlx on windows 7 with a termbase for Multiterm 2009 which sdlx cannot open.

When I open multiterm 2009 sp4 I cannot upload the termbase.

the error I get is:

Recupero della class factory COM per il componente con CLSID {281607F0-580D-43A4-B75E-AB028624D9D8} non riuscito a causa del seguente errore: 8007007e.

Retrieving the class factory COM for the CLISD component failed due to the following error 8007007e-

I read this is an error related to updating yet I cannot find a solution to fix and make it work

Any ideas?

thanx in advance...

Ernesto Bernal Arencibia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Frustrated Apr 3, 2012

I have the same error when trying to browse a termbase in both, Trados Studio 2011 SP1 and Trados Multiterm 2011 SP1. My operating system is Windows Vista.

Here is a sample of the error log file:

Retrieving the class factory COM for the CLISD component failed due to the following error 8007007e

System.IO.FileNotFoundException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

I've tried to find a solution but it's being time consuming. I can't spend more time with this and I feel absolutely frustrated and disappointed with this tool. It's the first time I run Studio 2011 in my computer and I'm already having problems. I mean... It's the first document I'm trying to translate and there's an error that doesn't allow me to load termbases. Any ideas?

milena ferrante  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem not yet solved Apr 3, 2012

I see Ernesto and I have got the same problem.

I contacted Trados customer service, the answer I got is "go back to the customer deparment" or so..

It's shameful though that after buying such an expensive product you need to get a full contract to get assistance.

If I invest money I suppose a certain amount of assistance is included.

But the world now is just about making money and if one has problem what's the matter?

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Disappointed Apr 4, 2012

Unfortunately, that is exactly how I feel. I have been waiting a long time to be able to buy Trados Studio 2011 and I just can not believe that something like this could happen.

If I buy something, I want it to work perfectly. I'm paying for a product that is supposed to be ready to use. Instead, translators do not receive any guarantee after spending a huge amount of money that has not been easy to earn.

In the software industry you use to receive support and continuous patches from developers for free. That's because they know that it's their fault to develop a product that has been released with errors. If we take into account the high number of bugs that Trados has, it's hard to believe that such a well known company as SDL asks for money in order to offer support and maintenance. Unbelievable.

[Edited at 2012-04-04 14:22 GMT]

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
New error Apr 4, 2012

After I reinstalled everything, I'm experiencing a different error (80040154). It happens in the same situation: Project Term Settings>Add>Browse>*Error*

The problem seems to be in 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Core.Utilities' library.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2012-04-04 20:09 GMT]

Cecile Bruneau  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
I get the same problem May 31, 2012

I also get the following message:

The type initializer for 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Core.Utilities.IOUtilitiesM threw an exception.

No help to be found.

I don't see why we need to pay extra for support when the problem lies in the software itself. It's a ripoff.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Free support May 31, 2012

Cecile Bruneau wrote:

I don't see why we need to pay extra for support when the problem lies in the software itself. It's a ripoff.

I completely agree. In fact you don't have to. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error when using.... etc
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011 (or whatever program you are using)

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 error: 8007007e

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search