Thread poster: Stephanie Ezrol

Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:44
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2011

I just reinstalled my Trados Studio 2009 on a new HP desk top computer running on Windows 7. I am also using a new Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard for the first time.

I installed all the updates Trados said should be installed when I opened Trados for the job I am starting. This is the first time I am using Trados with my new set up.

I successfully set up a TM and loaded my document for translating. The down arrow moves me from segment to segment, but when I try Control Enter nothing happens. I don't get an error message, it's just that nothing happens.

The Control key and the Enter key have worked successfully for other functions since I started with this new set up a few days ago.

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas Rühl  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:44
English to German
Maybe just the settings Oct 19, 2011

Have you tried Tools -> Options -> keyboard shortcuts to see whether this shortcut has been changed?

Christina ALT  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:44
French to German
+ ...
Try Ctrl + Oct 19, 2011

Hello,

I had the same problem one year ago, try to use Ctrl + , that how it worked for me.

Good luck!

Christina

Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:44
Member (2009)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alt + seems to do the job Oct 19, 2011

Control + doesn't do anything. I right clicked on the target segment and it said to use Alt +. That worked. It seems odd that it changed in that way, but that is what Trados said to do and I do get the check mark in the green circle.

Thank you very much Christina for sparking my brain and sending me in the right direction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Control Enter not working on Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search