Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:48
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everybody,
I know this issue has been raised before, but I found really strange the process of the off-line returning of licenses to Trados.
I have had to format my PC and had forgot to return Trados licenses. When I have reinstalled it I have seen there is absolutely NO WAY to return them online.
So, I followed the process described in other forum posts, namely, go to the knowledge base, search an article about licenses and write a comment if this article has helped you.
I find this absolutely strange: no software company behaves in this was. If I have purchased a product I MUST have the option to deactivate it online, without having to add a comment to a knowledge base article..

BTW I appreciate Trados posting a video on Proz, because the procedure I had read from the other forum posts was not even correct.
One has to follow these steps:

-Knowledge base
-Solution finder
-Licensing problems
-I have lost one of my licenses activations.

Why do we have to follow this really strange procedure????

[Edited at 2011-10-20 09:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning SDL licences

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search