Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:52
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everybody,
I know this issue has been raised before, but I found really strange the process of the off-line returning of licenses to Trados.
I have had to format my PC and had forgot to return Trados licenses. When I have reinstalled it I have seen there is absolutely NO WAY to return them online.
So, I followed the process described in other forum posts, namely, go to the knowledge base, search an article about licenses and write a comment if this article has helped you.
I find this absolutely strange: no software company behaves in this was. If I have purchased a product I MUST have the option to deactivate it online, without having to add a comment to a knowledge base article..
icon_frown.gif

BTW I appreciate Trados posting a video on Proz, because the procedure I had read from the other forum posts was not even correct.
One has to follow these steps:

-Knowledge base
-Solution finder
-Licensing problems
-I have lost one of my licenses activations.

Why do we have to follow this really strange procedure????

[Edited at 2011-10-20 09:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning SDL licences

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search