Possibility to integrate other free MT than GT to T2011?
Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
German to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2011

I read that Google translator will only be integrated into Trados Studio 2011 in the future and looked for more information about MT alternatives, but I wasn't able to find it.

I believe it will be matter of general interest to know if T2011 will have the possibility to integrate other free automatic translators, like other CATs already do (MS bing translator, apertium, etc.).
Another question is whether people who has a valid license of Trados 2009 will be able to have a patch that allows them to connect to these free alternative MT tools or will they be forced to migrate to T2011, if they want to have MT available. Thanks for enlightening us.

[Edited at 2011-10-20 08:59 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Gfarley
Norway
Local time: 10:36
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
SDL always reaching into my pocket Oct 20, 2011

The integrated Google Translate feature in Studio 2009 has been working more and more sporadically and slowly lately so I asked SDL what was happening. Google is dropping the free service on December 1 and replacing it with a paid service - $20 per million characters of text. That's not too bad. What is too bad is that SDL is ONLY adding an interface to the paid GT in Studio 2011, which is ONLY available as a paid upgrade or "free" to those who pay a couple hundred Euros a year for a PSMA. Once SDL has you, they never stop finding ways to make you pay...

SDL KB Article: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3943&p=1

Google's article: http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/v2/pricing.html

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possibility to integrate other free MT than GT to T2011?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search