Aviram Gang  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:03
Member (2010)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 21, 2011

I recently switched to this version of Trados. Two things:
Doing a Concordance Search by means of F3 key always returns the previous searched term.
For RTL languages, manually inserting an RLM-mark doesn't seem to be working (but copying an existing text which includes such a mark does work, a mystery...).

Insights?

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:03
English to Czech
+ ...
Confirmed Oct 21, 2011

Aviram Shamir wrote:
Doing a Concordance Search by means of F3 key always returns the previous searched term.

Confirmed. I'd add "almost always".

JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
F3 problem Oct 24, 2011

This was the main reason why I didn't upgrade when it came out. I use F3 a lot, and if such an obviously essential part of the program is no longer working, I don't believe that the product is ready to be used yet. When this is fixed, and when all the rest of you early adopters have ironed out the other things that should have been picked up by the testers, then I'll buy it!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
F3 is working... Oct 24, 2011

...only you have to press the key two times in some cases. This is not in defense of this troublesome little bug, just for explanation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2011 illnesses?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search