Can I use Trados 2009 wıth Google Translator Toolkit?
Thread poster: Hakan Kiyici

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:18
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2011

Hi,

I have searched the forum before posting this. Almost all of them about using Google Translate.

My question is this. Is it possible to use Trados to work on files in my Google Translator Toolkit account?

Out of many considerations, I could not really adapt to Google Translator Toolkit interface and usage.

Reading about using Google Translate from TM section, I wondered if this is possible at all.

Thank you

Hakan

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:18
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Google Translator Toolkit Oct 22, 2011

Now Google Translate API on Trados 2009 does not work smoothly (due to its policy change into paid service into API2 now). I use Google Translator Toolkit as supplements to Google 2009 and Google Translate API by copying and paste of each segment when Google says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object," a error message. When it recovers in a few seconds or minutes, I may not do copying and paste from Google Translator Toolkit to Trados 2009 Editor (*.sdlxliff file format). But the error message appears frequently and I need to rely on Google Translator Toolkit now and then. The most file type I use with Google Translator Toolkit is MS Word but other few formats are also OK.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:18
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Oct 22, 2011

Thank you for your reply.

I could not be that fast and efficient with Google Translator Toolkit. Therefore, I had to give up on one of the good rated jobs.

Seen a couple posting, I have thought for a moment that I can translate the files assigned to me in my Google Translator Toolkit account in Trados 2009 interface.

Thanks

Hakan

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Now Google Translate API on Trados 2009 does not work smoothly (due to its policy change into paid service into API2 now). I use Google Translator Toolkit as supplements to Google 2009 and Google Translate API by copying and paste of each segment when Google says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object," a error message. When it recovers in a few seconds or minutes, I may not do copying and paste from Google Translator Toolkit to Trados 2009 Editor (*.sdlxliff file format). But the error message appears frequently and I need to rely on Google Translator Toolkit now and then. The most file type I use with Google Translator Toolkit is MS Word but other few formats are also OK.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use Trados 2009 wıth Google Translator Toolkit?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search