https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/210449-how_to_open_a_sdltm_file_with_trados_2006.html

how to open a sdltm file with Trados 2006
Thread poster: soomi
soomi
soomi
Canada
Local time: 03:25
English to Korean
+ ...
Oct 23, 2011

I received a sdltm file from a client to update it. I own Trados 2006. As I understand, the sdltm file is the TM file made of by Trados 2009. How can I import or convert it? Also how should I save/submit it to the customer?

I hope that anyone of you helps me and thus I can meet the deadline.

Thanks for considering my inquiry.

Sincerely,
Soo

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:25
English to Czech
+ ...
You need Trados 2009/2011 for that Oct 23, 2011

Hi "soomi",
SDLTM is indeed Trados 2009/2011 format. You can download Trados 2011 demo, open the SDLTM there, export it into TMX, create a new TM in Trados 2006 and import the TMX there.

soomi
soomi
Canada
Local time: 03:25
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2011 upgrading will resolve the issue? Oct 23, 2011

Thanks for the quick response. If so, upgrading the 2006 to 2011 will resove the issue? will the 2011 be able to read the 2009 sdltm file? Also should it be available to make the sdltm file into 2009 version? I assume that it might work the same as ms office works.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:25
English
SDLTM and SDLXLIFF Oct 23, 2011

Hi,

Both SDLTM and SDLXLIFF are interchangeable between 2009 and 2011. You will lose some the ability to use some features in the SDLXLIFF going from 2011 to 2009, so things that are not available in 2009 at all, but the data is all intact.

The SDLTM is exactly the same for both versions.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to open a sdltm file with Trados 2006

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »