[Trados 2011] Trados 2011 recognises some .doc and .docx as Bilingual Workbench 1.0.0.0
Thread poster: Jacek Mikrut

Jacek Mikrut
Poland
Local time: 11:05
Oct 25, 2011

Hello,
I tried to open a .docx filr teday and Trados Studio 2011 opened it as a bilingual workbench file, hence I can't do anything with it. Converting it to .doc didn't help at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jack

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Remove the tw4win.mark style in Word Oct 25, 2011

or change the setting for the corresponding file type to "Process files with tw4WinMark style" (in Common).

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
KB Oct 25, 2011

Hi Jacek,

This usually means your document is a bit "dirty" and still contains tw4winmark for whatever reason.

The solution is the same as this KB article: http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3874&p=1

Best Regards,
Luis

Jacek Mikrut
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
Worked! Oct 25, 2011

Thank you!

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
Tried it.. Oct 30, 2011

without any result. Opening *.docx files behaves in the very strange despite my doing it according to the SDL instructions. Am I doing something wrong or is it maybe due to my system (Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2010)?

Regards,
Davor

ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:05
French to English
+ ...
workaround for alignment purposes Jul 22, 2015

I had this problem in Studio 2015 when trying to align a Word file that looked clean in Word (Find and replace found no instance of the style).
I re-saved the problematic target language file as an RTF and aligned that successfully.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Trados 2011] Trados 2011 recognises some .doc and .docx as Bilingual Workbench 1.0.0.0

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search