inx files in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Joakim Löfberg
Joakim Löfberg
Local time: 17:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 27, 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to open an inx file in Trados Studio 2011 but get the message that this file type is not supported. Is this really so?

Best regards,

Joakim Löfberg

Direct link Reply with quote

Joakim Löfberg
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
opening inx files in Trados 2007 or 2011 Oct 27, 2011

I would really need help. The text is in inx format (inDesign) and this file type should be supported, right? I've tried using Trados 2007 with Tag Editor but that fails too. Anyone who knows, could you please help? What must I do to translate an inx file in Trados?

Ahmed Dahman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
TagEditor 2007 Oct 27, 2011

Hi Joakim,
I'm still using TagEditor for Indesign INX files and can help you, but first give me some more information.

Do you get an error message when you try opening the file in TagEditor?
Which version of Indesign was used to create the INX?

Also consider visiting the SDL Knowledge base:
http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.734108328819275

And make sure that you have that hotfix installed to update your indesign filter:
http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/kb/article.aspx?aid=2009&n=1&docid=5686

Download: http://kb.sdl.com/utility/getfile.aspx?rid=185

Warmest regards,
Ahmed Dahman

Joakim Löfberg
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 27, 2011

Hi Ahmed,

I have in InDesign so I overwrote the original with my translation, which was accepted by the customer. That was just a temporary solution, of course, and far from ideal. I hope I'll be able to work this out. I don't have time now but I appreciate your willingness to help and will provide more information later. Thanks, Ahmed!

Best regards,

Joakim Löfberg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inx files in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search