Thread poster: Rosa Grau (X)

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
Local time: 02:03
English to Catalan
+ ...
Oct 27, 2011

Dear translators:

I just purchased and installed Trados Studio 2011 last week. I created a sample project with a TM and a MultiTerm TB to train myself in the software. Everything works fine except for the Term Recognition feature, which does not seem to be functioning properly. The Termbase Viewer on the bottom works fine and I can even do a fuzzy termbase search on the upper right Termbase Search window, but the main file terms are not recognized nor marked and do not appear on the Term Recognition window.

I have searched the SDL knowledge base and tried the solutions given, such as allowing multiterm.exe through security software and firewall, but this does not solve the problem.

I am aware that this was an issue with Studio 2009 when installed and used after previous Trados versions, but I have only Studio 2011.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rosa

Marie-Eve Beland
Local time: 20:03
English to French
Same problem here Feb 3, 2012

Hi Rosa,
Have you had any luck in solving this issue? I have the same problem and couldn't find any information whatsoever on the subject...
Thanks!
Marie-Ève

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Marie-Eve Feb 3, 2012

No solution so far. You will not find it anywhere on the KB and SDL basic support form does not work either. I reinstalled the software and nothing changed. I hope one of these updates will do the miracle of making it work some day.

I am not going to spend any more money on purchasing support. And I will NOT purchase Trados again, that's for sure. Too much trouble for such a bad software.

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:03
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Term recognition Feb 3, 2012

I had all sorts of similar problems when I first installed Trados and Multierm, some of which were solved by uninstalling everything and reinstalling with all unnecessary programs shut down. It's a pain but it may be worth a try.

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Rich. Feb 3, 2012

I also reinstalled, with antivirus turned off, firewall deactivated, and so on. It did not work for me. IMO a software program should know how to install itself properly or else prompt the user to do such and such thing in order to be able to install itself on any average machine. My laptop does not have anything unusual on it, just Windows 7, MS Office, an antivirus, one or two navigators and a couple of demo applications that came with it and that I have not even used. I have never messed it up, that's why I believe that Trados should work perfectly.

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I forgot to mention Feb 3, 2012

that I run Trados and MT with administrator rights! I read this somewhere. It was another useless try.

Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
Any news on the solution of this issue? Apr 26, 2012

Term recognition does not work in Studio 2011. I can't find anything on this problem, I found a bat file able to reset somehow Studio 2009, but it is useless for 2011.

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@cinzia Apr 26, 2012

I logged a support request on this issue a long time ago. The SDL team have been working on it for the last 2 months at least. Acording to them, there seems to be a bug in the software, and not an insignificant one! Aparently, it is something related to the indexing of the termbase languages. It should have been solved before Easter, but it has not. I would suggest that you write support on this.

Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
@rosa Apr 26, 2012

Thank you, Rosa! I will write SDL Support immediately on this.
Have a nice day

Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
Multiterm not working in trados studio 2011 was not enough Apr 26, 2012

Now it does not work in trados 2007 either, and everything crashes. CAT tool may be real fun!

Dr. Elena Maria A Chandler (Ph.D.)
Local time: 17:03
German to English
+ ...
Any resolution? Jul 28, 2012

I am having the same issue. In fact, when I created my project yesterday, term recognition was working. I closed the program and when I opened it this morning, it tells me "no results available" even when I search for a term that shows up in Multiterm. The index is set correctly and the term bases are incorporated into the project in the correct location. I have checked the settings and both termbases that I am required to use show up as my defaults, and correctly selected.

Vanessa Correa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
any news about this problem? Oct 17, 2012

I just got the same problem here. Installed both, all working fine, closed yesterday, opened today, now "No results available".

Any news?

Thank you,

Anthony Fitzgerald
Ireland
Local time: 01:03
Reorganizing the TermBase solved my issue Feb 5, 2014

I started to experience the same issues on a multilanguage Termbase.

While some languages worked, other languages only some terms, and on some langauges no terms matched.

Reorganizing the Termbase solved my issue as explained in this article.
Reorganizing a termbase cleans up the index-related data which I think is the main cause of the issue.
It also reduced the size of the Termbase from 50mb to 20mb.

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4451.html

Cheers,
Anthony.

[Editado a las 2014-02-05 16:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition not working in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search