Incomplete translated files in return package Studio 2009
Thread poster: tom0147
tom0147
United States
Local time: 02:30
Oct 28, 2011

We are new to Studio 2009 and are figuring it out little by little.

We just sent out our first package. it contains 4 files from ID (.idml). We created the project, imported the files, converted them to translatable, created the TM, packaged it all up and sent it to the translator. When the translator returned the package one of the files was listed as an .idml file ( and not a .sdlxliff like the other 3) and was only 48% translated. When we confronted the translator he sent us a screen-grab which confirmed he had indeed translated the file completely. What can be going on. We had him resend the package a few times, first with all the files then with just the one file and always with the same result.

The one thing I did notice was in his screen grab, 2 of the files (including the one that we're having the problem with) were listed as .idml files in the project. The translator stated that he didn't change anything but we did ask him to reconvert the file back to an .sdlxliff file and re-package and resend. But when we received the package and opened it, it was in the correct format but it still only had 48% completion.

Please help. i included the screen-grab from the translator. Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:30
Danish to English
+ ...
incomplete translation Oct 28, 2011

I suggest you either ask the translator to complete the file or only pay for the those files that are finished.

If the translator is correct in having completed the translation, the file would still be stored in his PC if the file was saved immediately after he worked on it.

He could recheck and finish the translation and send it to you "as is", i.e. no conversion.

Blangsted

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incomplete translated files in return package Studio 2009

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search