Thread poster: María M. Canavesio

María M. Canavesio
Argentina
Local time: 02:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2011

Hi,

Can anyone help me with these two questios?

1- I have a file with the extension .ini and I need to load it in Tag Editor to use it togetehr with a .txt file. (The .ini file is for tag setting). I would like to know how to load it.

2- Once I finish working with this .ini file, and I don't need to use it with other files, what do I do with this .ini file? Do I have to "take it out"?

Thank you for your help!

María M. Canavesio

Afew  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 11:01
English to Kazakh
Tools > Tag Settings Oct 29, 2011

You can add or delete .ini files in Tools > Tag settings

Ahmed Badawy  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 08:01
Member (2015)
English to Arabic
+ ...
handling tag settings manager Oct 29, 2011

it is easy;
you can go to Tools>Tag settings. a "tag settings manager" appears. click the "open" box where a window show the "Tag settings file.ini" in the files of type. click the "ini" you want to add and it will be added automatically to your "Tag settings manager" and select it with just one click as to be selected to effect tags with.
BR,
Ahmed Badawy,
Senior Translator, Localizer, Interpreter

María M. Canavesio
Argentina
Local time: 02:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 2, 2011

Thank you both for your help. I just followewd the steps suggested and it worked!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.ini files in Tag Editor (Trados 2007)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search