"Apply PerfectMatch" in Studio 2011 Freelance greyed out
Thread poster: Nani Delgado

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
German to Spanish
Oct 30, 2011

Hello all,

I just wanted to give today the PerfectMatch 2.0 task a try, but it seems impossible since it is inactive for me.

I have just found this article in the knowledge base: http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.666505515575409

If I understand it right, Studio 2011 Freelance users are not able to enable this task by themselves, are they? I attended one webinar about PerfectMatch (among others) before upgrading and this task was praised as one of the best improvements. But I don´t remember to have heard that it is only possible if you have the Professional version of Studio 2011.

Does anyone know anything about this? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your input!

Direct link Reply with quote

Rosa Grau
Spain
Local time: 02:13
English to Catalan
+ ...
Es lo que hay Nov 4, 2011

La versión Freelance tiene sus limitaciones...

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Function available or not? Sep 8, 2013

Like Nani, I wanted to try this out and discovered the same thing.

Can someone actually confirm whether the function is even available in 2011 Freelance?

And if not, why is it even in the menu?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
PM Sep 8, 2013

Hi,

AFIK, PM is not available in the Freelance version only in the Pro - might be available for 60 days when you purchase Studio but no longer available once the trial version has expired.

Cheers,

Bernard

Germany
German to English
I think you're right Sep 9, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi,

AFIK, PM is not available in the Freelance version only in the Pro - might be available for 60 days when you purchase Studio but no longer available once the trial version has expired.

Cheers,

Bernard

Shame though. I vaguely remember them using this as a USP when 2011 came out. Not such a selling point if most of your users can't use it, eh?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
this overview might help Sep 9, 2013

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:2595

Cheers,
Luis

[Edited at 2013-09-10 08:25 GMT]

Germany
German to English
To a limited extent ... Sep 9, 2013

Thanks anonymous SDL representative (;-D)!

It is a useful overview. But I am a bit unsure as to what is the difference between "Use" and "Create" PerfectMatch is. How can one use it, if one can't create it?

And what will be the situation with 2014 - the same? Or is something new in the pipeline?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use it... Sep 9, 2013

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Thanks anonymous SDL representative (;-D)!

It is a useful overview. But I am a bit unsure as to what is the difference between "Use" and "Create" PerfectMatch is. How can one use it, if one can't create it?

And what will be the situation with 2014 - the same? Or is something new in the pipeline?

... probably refers to the PM status being in the file you get from another user who created it. You can then use it in display filters etc. But you cannot create it in the first place without the Pro License.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Apply PerfectMatch" in Studio 2011 Freelance greyed out

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search