MultiTerm 2009: Is it possible to change language variant in existing TB?
Thread poster: Peter Adolph

Peter Adolph
Local time: 06:39
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 31, 2011

Hi there!

I have a termbase which was accidently created with 'English' in stead of 'English (United States), and now term recognition doesn't work ...icon_frown.gif

Is it possible to change the language for all entries in a simple way, or do I need to create a new TB (and this time make sure the language variant is correct)?

BTW: Did anyone else find it annoying that TMs cannot be created with 'English' (but have to be created with a language variant) while TBs indeed can be created with 'English' only, or am I the only one?

I use SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4.

KR
Peter

[Edited at 2011-10-31 11:20 GMT]

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:39
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
No instant way Oct 31, 2011

I think that the fastest way would be to export the TB, create an empty TB with correct languages and import exported file.

Best Regards
S

Peter Adolph
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thought so, but ... Nov 1, 2011

Thanks, Stanislaw. I tried doing so with one TB containing 300,000 terms, but at the end of the process I got an error message reg. 'irregularities found during the import', and only one language got imported.

I'm now wondering if MT has a build-in rule preventing users from importing the exported EN term as an ENUS term.

/p

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Error Message? Nov 1, 2011

Hi Peter,
what are this irregularities? they are written in the log file whose path has to be given before launching the import. Can you post it?

The language is not a problem anymore in Trados Studio: you can map a target language of a Studio project with one language ("index") of a Termbank.

Sébastien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2009: Is it possible to change language variant in existing TB?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search