Thread poster: Jason Willis-Lee

Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2011

Hi all,

I use Windows 7 Home Premium and MS Office 2007. During a recent automatic update, my Trados toolbar disappeared. When I go to Word/Options/Complements I see that the Trados8.dotm template is inactivated.

Do I need to reinstall Trados again or is there a simple way to activate this template?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Jason.

Sandrine Constant
English to French
+ ...
Reactivate lost elements Nov 3, 2011

Hi Jason,

I had a similar problem with Word 2010, here is how I could handle it:
In Word/Options/Complements, below the indication of inactivated components, you'll find a scrolldown, where you can chose deactivated elements and then click on go to. A window opens where you'll find the element you want to reactivate. Click on OK and then close Word, you should have everything back in order when opening it again.

Hope this will work for you as well.

Sandrine

Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 7, 2011

Dear Sandrine,

Just a small note to thank you for your help. I have followed your instructions this morning and everything is back to normal meaning I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the program again.

I really appreciate your help, thank you again!

Best wishes,
Jason Wilis-Lee

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007. Missing Toolbar

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search