https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211054-customizing_editor_view_in_trados_2011.html

Customizing Editor View in Trados 2011
Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:47
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2011

I am working in Trados 2011. Is there any way to customize the editor view so that the source and target are displayed on top of each other as opposed to side-by-side?

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:47
Italian to English
In memoriam
I don't think so Nov 1, 2011

Hi David,

If you're looking for the sort of screen layout you had with Word/Workbench, then I don't think there is that possibility in Studio (someone may be able to correct me there, though).

Having used Studio for a while now, I wouldn't even want to go back to the Workbench layout. You can get much more information on your screen with Studio than was ever possible with Word/Workbench, although you have to play around with the dockable windows to find the configuratio
... See more
Hi David,

If you're looking for the sort of screen layout you had with Word/Workbench, then I don't think there is that possibility in Studio (someone may be able to correct me there, though).

Having used Studio for a while now, I wouldn't even want to go back to the Workbench layout. You can get much more information on your screen with Studio than was ever possible with Word/Workbench, although you have to play around with the dockable windows to find the configuration that works for you.

Similarly, I quickly came to the same conclusion when I was using DVX. Provided you have a decent screen and can keep all the windows you need in view, side by side beats above and below every time.

FWIW

Giles
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Not possible Nov 1, 2011

Hello David,
this is currently not possible in Studio. Perhaps you might want to vote for my idea here.

David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:47
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is sad...it seems so simple Nov 1, 2011

Thanks Stanislav. You have my vote.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customizing Editor View in Trados 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »