Carolin Nanz
Germany
Local time: 12:57
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2011

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem: When I want to add a file to a project and I want to open a Translation Memory this is not possible. There is no error message. I use Trados 2009.

I'm looking forward to your help.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Do you mean "Open" as in... Nov 2, 2011

... Workbench? Or do you mean "Add" as in Studio?

Just checking as you don't need to "Open" a TM in STudio in the same way you did this with Workbench.

Regards

Paul

Carolin Nanz
Germany
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I work with Trados 2009 Nov 2, 2011

Hi Paul,

thank you for your answer. I use Trados 2009, so I don't work with Workbench. When I add a file to a project I have to change into the source language, otherwise it would not be possible to add that file. But if I do so I cannot open a Translation Memory. I guess there is a relation somewhere. I hope that was understandable.

Kind regards,

Carolin

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Using a TM in 2009 Nov 3, 2011

Hi Carolin,

I think where I am getting confused is over the use of the term "open". This is something you had to do in Workbench, but you don't do this in 2009. My apologies if I'm off the mark here, but it sounds as though you are trying to open a TM rather than add it for use.

I think, to avoid us both a lot of work second guessing each other, it might be easier to see what you are doing. If you like, please drop me an email at your convenience tomorrow and maybe we can look more closely at what you are doing and resolve this problem quickly.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open a Translation Memory when adding a file to a project

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search