Trados Studio 2009 stops working (Google Translate revisited)
Thread poster: Helena Grahn

Helena Grahn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:58
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 2, 2011

When I was finally happy working with it, it stops working. I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with my end nor with the software itself. However, if you do not have their support they charge you gold for a year, you are left in the lurch. I cannot add Google Translation as memory anylonger and now I wonder what is it good for if I am the one to write everything on the write side of window after I have opened Trados Studio 2009. SDL themselves did something from their end to stop google memory working and if you need help, they tell you to pay for their expensive support.

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:58
English to French
+ ...
Don't blame SDL, blame Google Nov 2, 2011

There have been several topics regarding GT not working anymore. If you search the forums, you will certainly find them.

I cannot add Google Translation as memory anylonger and now I wonder what is it good for if I am the one to write everything on the write side of window after I have opened Trados Studio 2009.

Don't you have your own TM? I mean, CAT tools are not MT, there's a component that we must not forget, it's called human translation. And human translation, unless you're using speech recognition or have your translations typed by someone else, involve typing in the translation in the CAT software interface... Or perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean? icon_confused.gif

[Edited at 2011-11-02 15:51 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, I do not have a TM Nov 2, 2011

when you receive a totally new translation without a TM from yr outsourcer, you have nothing to work on, do you?

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:58
English to French
+ ...
Indeed Nov 2, 2011

But that's part of the job. And I also have my own TM that I use for reference.

Here's the topic explaining the situation regarding the GT API: Google Translator not working in Studio

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tks! Nov 2, 2011

Another thing is that although I started the translation manually, I could not save the doc using saving target. Only probs!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 stops working (Google Translate revisited)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search