Thread poster: Beatrice Hercend

Beatrice Hercend  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:52
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hello,

I have been using Studio 2009 for weeks now, but on starting it this morning I get the configuration wizard screen, just like the first time.
If I cancel it, Studio simply does not start. I cannot figure out why, any idea?
Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 18:01 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:52
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
professional version for one month Nov 3, 2011

That's because Studio runs in professional mode for a month after installation and then reverts to the freelance version (if that's what you bought). So you have to go through the wizard to select your 5 languages. Don't worry, all other settings will remain unchanged.

xxxavsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
English to French
+ ...
Update installed? Nov 3, 2011

It usually does that after you've installed an update. Just go through the wizard, it takes 30 seconds. Then you can use your software.

Beatrice Hercend  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:52
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one month after initial installation Nov 3, 2011

Thank you to both of you, I just went through defining 5 languages and it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: configuration wizard opens after using Studio for weeks

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search