https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211196-changing_computers_studio_2009.html

Changing computers Studio 2009
Thread poster: Stefan Blommaert
Stefan Blommaert
Stefan Blommaert
Brazil
Local time: 02:40
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hello all,

I need to have some open heart surgery performed on one of my computers and am moving Studio to another computer in the meanwhile. This is the first time that I try to do something similar with 2009 and I thought it would be the same procedure as with 2007 (returning the licence and then activating it on the other machine). Tough luck: I cannot find any option to "return the licence".

Can anyone help me? I have tried to search through the forum, but I don't h
... See more
Hello all,

I need to have some open heart surgery performed on one of my computers and am moving Studio to another computer in the meanwhile. This is the first time that I try to do something similar with 2009 and I thought it would be the same procedure as with 2007 (returning the licence and then activating it on the other machine). Tough luck: I cannot find any option to "return the licence".

Can anyone help me? I have tried to search through the forum, but I don't have all day to carry out something that should be quite straightforward.

Many thanks in advance.
Collapse

Stefan Blommaert
Stefan Blommaert
Brazil
Local time: 02:40
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Logic....NOT.... Nov 3, 2011

Found the solution (I hope): don't go beyond the first screen (!) when opening Studio and click on "activate license", which is quite logical if you want to return a license....but it's probably me again, not thinking "properly"....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing computers Studio 2009

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »