Thread poster: Pauline_R

Pauline_R
Switzerland
Local time: 18:52
English to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hello everyone,

Since I'm using Trados 2009 on a laptop, I decided to plug an external USB numpad to be able to use all the shorcuts and enter the special characters. It's working fine sometimes but not always and I can't figure out why.

When it's working fine, by turning on/off the Num Lock key on the numpad, I can switch between the use of Alt+numbers to enter special characters and the Alt+Ins (or Home, End) for Trados shorcuts.

But sometimes, whether the Num Lock is on or off, I can't use the Alt+numbers combination. It reacts only as shorcuts, using Ins instead of 0 for example.

I'm sure there is an explanation, but cannot find it. Does someone now why it may not work every time?

Thanks for your help.

Pauline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 and external USB numpad

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search