Celine Reau  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:21
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 4, 2011

Hello,

I am used to work on Trados. I have Trados 2009 version. Until now no problem.
A client sent me a Word document. It was protected. I took off the protection.
When I tried to open the file in Trados an error appears : " Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrpted."

I took off all the pictures from this doc. I tried to save it in a different format such as RTF. The error remains the same.

I converted the file in .docx. Then a new error appears : "object reference not set to an instance of an object". What's the problem with this file ?

I called friend and she experiences the same problem.

Please help me !!!!!

regards

Céline

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:21
Italian to English
Just guessing Nov 4, 2011

I am not at all expert but I seem to remember that I had a problem like this once and the cause was embedded (hidden) text like hypertext links.

Maybe you should check the original file for these.
Eileen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error Trados "attempt to read or write protected memory"

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search