Trados 2011 Error message when generating/previewing translation in Word
Thread poster: Zrouwen

Zrouwen
Local time: 14:27
German to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2011

Hello,
I am a new user of Trados (Studio 2011) and have just finished my first translation on it. Everything has gone relatively well until.....I tried to save and/or view my target as a Word file, and it won't do it. I get the following error message: An error ocurred while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: Possible field(s) deletion.
I was able to preview successfully in Word several times during translation. So I'm wondering if the fact that I signed off on the translation affected this. Does status affect generating a translation?
This is SO annoying and I'm wondering if my only option is to spend the next 2 hours copying each individual segment and pasting them into a Word document. Would be very grateful for any input. Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:27
English
Run the QA check Nov 4, 2011

Hi,

The message says "Possible fields deletion". So run the QA check, F8, and you may be directed to the offending segments. If you still can't resolve this feel free to send me the source file and the SDLXLIFF and I'll take a look at it for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Error message when generating/previewing translation in Word

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search