Trados 2011 Error message when generating/previewing translation in Word
Thread poster: Zrouwen

Zrouwen
Local time: 16:07
German to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2011

Hello,
I am a new user of Trados (Studio 2011) and have just finished my first translation on it. Everything has gone relatively well until.....I tried to save and/or view my target as a Word file, and it won't do it. I get the following error message: An error ocurred while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: Possible field(s) deletion.
I was able to preview successfully in Word several times during translation. So I'm wondering if the fact that I signed off on the translation affected this. Does status affect generating a translation?
This is SO annoying and I'm wondering if my only option is to spend the next 2 hours copying each individual segment and pasting them into a Word document. Would be very grateful for any input. Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:07
English
Run the QA check Nov 4, 2011

Hi,

The message says "Possible fields deletion". So run the QA check, F8, and you may be directed to the offending segments. If you still can't resolve this feel free to send me the source file and the SDLXLIFF and I'll take a look at it for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Error message when generating/previewing translation in Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search