Studio 2009 Autotext not working
Thread poster: María Croxcatto

María Croxcatto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:51
English to Spanish
Nov 6, 2011

Hi!!

I bought Studio 2009 about 5 months ago. Autotext and Autosuggest were working fine at first. But, lately, the Create button for Autosuggest has greyed out (I don't have a separate license for Autosuggest... and I didn't even know I was going to need one. How come it worked at first?? Also, one of Studio's feature I liked and you actually have to buy it separately... not very user friendly!)

And Autotext is not suggesting any entries now. I haven't realized of this because most of my Autotext entries were specific for a kind of project I have not been working on lately. But, now that I am trying to use it for the current project I realize is not working. No entries are suggested as I type (they are suggested, but from Multiterm, not Autotext). However, when the entry in English is of two words (like in an acronym), the term is not suggested even though it is registered in MT. I wanted to use Autotext for cases like this.

I am a Spanish translator, and I have two language combinations Eng-Spanish (Spain) and Eng-Spanish (Mexico) [because Studio does not support International Spanish any more]. I have two Autotext lists (one for each language, but none of them seem to be working).

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Ivana

María Croxcatto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:51
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Partially working Nov 6, 2011

It seems posting about it had some effect on the program, because Autotext just suggested a term I was going to use. Don't really know what happened here!!

Anyway, still not working with phrases such as "por su sigla en inglés." I guess Autotext does not work when you have a space before the 4th character, but this used to work fine in TagEditor's Autotext. I supposed coming from the same origin, Studio's Autotext would have kept the good things the previous one had!

By the way, I read (just now) an answer from Paul at SDL Support and he explains that Studio runs in Professional mode for the first 30 days, and then you have to buy the license for Autosuggest Creator.

Ivana

[Edited at 2011-11-06 14:36 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 Autotext not working

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search