Thread poster: Urska Colner Vracun

Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Local time: 20:39
Slovenian
+ ...
Nov 8, 2011

Hi,

Lately, when I try to do a cleanup of a Word file (Word 2007) in Translator's Workbench, I get this error:

The target document cannot be created because the tag structure in the TagEditor document is invalid. File skipped!

a) Could this be, because I don't have any tag setting files enabled (empty Tag settings dialog)?

b) I also keep getting "Java Virtual machine" error. Could this be related?

Thanks for your help.

... See more
Hi,

Lately, when I try to do a cleanup of a Word file (Word 2007) in Translator's Workbench, I get this error:

The target document cannot be created because the tag structure in the TagEditor document is invalid. File skipped!

a) Could this be, because I don't have any tag setting files enabled (empty Tag settings dialog)?

b) I also keep getting "Java Virtual machine" error. Could this be related?

Thanks for your help.

Urska
Collapse

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
DOCX? Nov 8, 2011

If the documents have the .docx extension, save them in Word as .doc and try again. Trados 2007 doesn't clean .docx files and this seems to be the error it displays, if I remember correctly. I usually translate .docx files in Tag Editor.

Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked like a charm Nov 8, 2011

Thanks so much, Adam. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I will change the setting in Word to always save as .doc.

Thanks again for your fast reply.

Urska

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
I'd be careful Nov 8, 2011

Urska Colner wrote:

Thanks so much, Adam. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I will change the setting in Word to always save as .doc.

Hello Urska,
I would be careful about doing this. The DOCX document can have some functionalities not supported by earlier versions of Word.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't clean Word file in Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search