https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211609-sdl_trados_2009_how_can_i_get_the_best_match_from_several_tms.html

SDL Trados 2009: How can I get the best match from several TMs?
Thread poster: Maddie Sparkly
Nov 9, 2011

Hi all,

I connect several TMs to SDL Trados 2009 and specify that minimum match value, let's assume, 85.

According to my experience, Trados searches for the 99-85 matches in the first memory from the list, if it finds a 87% match, it puts it as translation. But if the second TM contains а 100% equivalent, the 87% match is not overwritten with a 100% match.

The check box "Apply best match after successful lookup" is selected.

Can I change that
... See more
Hi all,

I connect several TMs to SDL Trados 2009 and specify that minimum match value, let's assume, 85.

According to my experience, Trados searches for the 99-85 matches in the first memory from the list, if it finds a 87% match, it puts it as translation. But if the second TM contains а 100% equivalent, the 87% match is not overwritten with a 100% match.

The check box "Apply best match after successful lookup" is selected.

Can I change that or is it a bug? i want the best match from all my TMs to be applied to the translation.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009: How can I get the best match from several TMs?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »