SDL 2011- ttx to xliff
Thread poster: xxxMIGUI

xxxMIGUI
Local time: 10:49
German to French
Nov 10, 2011

Hi,
I have 2 questions with regard to SDL Studio 2011 which I recently purchased in September.

1.)
I sometimes receive documents from an agency in a package with 5 files in SDL 2007. The files are in ttx. I recently purchased SDL 2011 and would like to use this instead of 2007. The agency also sends a memory in 2007 as well and I need to be able to use this as well.

How can I do this. They also send a translation memory in the package, too. Can I also use this while translating the document or do I have to use the workbench or is there someway of doing this directly via SDL 2011?

2.) Before I was sure how to create a memory I did a couple of translations after I first purchased 2011 in which there was no memory created. The documents are in SDL XLIFF and I would like to put these documents into a memory so I can use the translated terms in future translations. How do I do this?

I would greatly appreciate any insight into these questions.

MIGUI

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 03:49
Spanish to French
+ ...
upgrade TM Nov 10, 2011

Hi MIGUI,

1) Open your ttx files in Studio. They will be converted to SDLXLIFF, and when you're done, you can export them to ttx format again.
As for the TM, you have to upgrade it. In 2009, it's the second item in the Tools menu option.

2) On the translation memories tab, create a TM (unless you already have one), and then right-click on it, and select import, then choose the files you want to import.

This is based on what I have in 2009, but I don't think the procedure has changed for these tasks.

HTH

[Modifié le 2011-11-10 19:29 GMT]

[Modifié le 2011-11-10 19:30 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just to add to this... Nov 10, 2011

Hi MIGUI,

Nicolas is correct, but I just wanted to add that there is a straightforward way to handle your first question.

Create a new Project.
Add all your TTX files in one go.
Select your 2007 TM when asked to select a TM and you will be given the opportunity to upgrade it then and there.
Complete the Project Creation Wizard

That's it. So no need to seperately upgrade the TMs first.

Regards

Paul

Beatriz González  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Import doesn´t work Nov 11, 2011

Hi mates,

I have been trying to import the export of the TM (Trados 7) in SDL Trados Studio 2011 but the segments are not recognized. It is always : 0 segments imported.

I can open the ttx files, but not the TM...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2011- ttx to xliff

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search