Auto-suggest not accessible
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde

Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:22
English to French
Nov 10, 2011

I want to create an Auto-suggest dictionnary, but Auto-suggest in the Tools menu is in grey and I cannot access it. This was supposed to be included in Studio 2009 Freelancer Plus when I bought it.
And yes, I have activate Auto-suggest in the parameters...and I have a TM of 46k segments.
Any idea what's going on here?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:22
AutoSuggest Creator License for 2009 Nov 11, 2011

Hi Christiane,

It looks as though you have a Freelance Plus License but not an AutoSuggest Creator License. With 2009 these are two seperate license codes and you would need to enter them both. In 2011 it's one code that unlocks whatever you are licensed for but you still need to specifically include AutoSuggest Creator when you purchase.

The Freelance Plus license gives you an entitlement to use Studio on two different computers at the same time but it does not activate AutoSuggest Creation.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto-suggest not accessible

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search