Winalgin is not displaying target font
Thread poster: keelystar

keelystar
Local time: 18:41
Nov 11, 2011

I'm using Trados 7, winaligning a ENT to TCH (traditional Chinese) using MingLui. Both are ttx the TCH coming from Indesign VS and tag editor shows me MingLui no problem. I've checked all my regional settings and as far as I can tell (and the fact that tag editor is working) I don't think its the regional settings. I changed the font setting in winalign under the...I'm not looking at it right now but the out put something in through second to last tab when setting up a winalign, that's set to MingLui. Now if I change my whole regional settings to a Chinese system I get some segments in MingLui insert of corupt font little white boxes. But other segmints, ones with English numbers show no characters, just question marks. Has anyone come across this? Can anyone help me? Thanks for taking the time to read. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

keelystar
Local time: 18:41
TOPIC STARTER
Further clairifcation Nov 11, 2011

Now that I'm looking at WinAlign I can be a bit more persice. In the project set up, under the Interface tab > Define Outline Formatting...> Target Outline is set to MinLui font. Today I can't even get some of the segments to display correctly. I've tried this http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1426&p=1 already and I have all everything I need, WinAlign just wont do what it should.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalgin is not displaying target font

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search