Aviation Expert  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:23
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 11, 2011

Hi all!

I have to translate a very long list of languages (EN>DE). The names are according to ISO639. I'm thinking there must be multilingual versions of such lists already out there, something I could use for a MultiTerm import. So far, I couldn't find anything.
Any help or hint would be much appreciated. Thanks!

samehme
United States
Local time: 17:23
English to Arabic
+ ...
Google and Wikipedia Nov 11, 2011

Hi,

Just try searching Google, or viist wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639 and look for the German lis.

Hope that helps.

Sameh

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Something like this? Nov 11, 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-1_language_matrix

Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Nov 11, 2011

Thank you, Michael, for your answer.
BUT: My list has much more languages (about 700) and, more importantly, I need a way to import it into MultiTerm. Otherwise it would still be so much work looking up and typing each single entry.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
MT Nov 11, 2011

Aviation Expert wrote:

Thank you, Michael, for your answer.
BUT: My list has much more languages (about 700) and, more importantly, I need a way to import it into MultiTerm. Otherwise it would still be so much work looking up and typing each single entry.

Importing it to MT is trivially easy. Copy-paste the table to Excel, remove what you don't need, save the xls, run MT Convert on it.

I'm not sure where you could find a full list... You could buy the standard itself from iso.org for 136 CHF but it's hardly worth it.

Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2011

Hi FarkasAndras,

thank you for your advice. I managed to import the list into MT.
At least, this will cover about 1/7 of the languages to be translated :-/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ISO-639 Language Names

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search