I received a file in Adobe PDF but I do not know what is SDL Trados Doing?
Thread poster: Lords

Lords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2011

This is the first time I see it happen, I have opened an Adobe PDF document and I have been working for some hours, but I do not know what order is SDL Trados translating the page because when I try to open it in Word, It dose not shows up what I am doing because it seams that Trados is taking all titles form different pages.
I do not know what is happening? It seems to me that I am not getting anywhere! and that I am losing my time. Help me please!

Thanks in advance for you
... See more
This is the first time I see it happen, I have opened an Adobe PDF document and I have been working for some hours, but I do not know what order is SDL Trados translating the page because when I try to open it in Word, It dose not shows up what I am doing because it seams that Trados is taking all titles form different pages.
I do not know what is happening? It seems to me that I am not getting anywhere! and that I am losing my time. Help me please!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:16
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Studio is not a good tool to translate pdf files Nov 14, 2011

At the moment it probably translates all footers and headers so nothing terrible is happening. Still the formatting will be destroyed. It would make more sense to first recreate the file in Words and only then translate it in Studio.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

hhl
Local time: 15:16
English to German
PDF or Word Nov 14, 2011

Studio cannot translate within a PDF. If you open a PDF for translation in Studio, it will first be converted into a Word file.
After you are done with the translation and save in "original" format, the result will consequently be a Word document, not a PDF.

You may, however, after Studio has converted the PDF into the Word format, first check and possibly amend the Word file, before you go on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I received a file in Adobe PDF but I do not know what is SDL Trados Doing?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search