How can I contact SDL Technical Support?
Thread poster: Rain Na Bun

Rain Na Bun
Thailand
Local time: 00:28
Member (2011)
English to Thai
Nov 13, 2011

Hi,

It's so difficult for me to contact with SDL technical support.

Is there any link or email for me to ask the questions?
I went to solution finder page of SDL website. I cannot find the answer and also cannot see any link to contact SDL support.

SDL has live chat for selling the software, it will be good if also have the live chat for technical support.
It seems that the customer have to help themselves after buying the product.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2011-11-13 13:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-11-13 13:15 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:28
English to Czech
+ ...
PSMA-clients only Nov 13, 2011

Hello,
direct support is for users with the "Premium Support and Maintenance Agreement" which is paid.

However, this forum is closely monitored by SDL Support staff who provide valuable answers to users' questions.

You are eligible for free support on installation and licensing issues though. If your questions concern installation and/or licensing issues, log a support case through the Solution Finder from within your SDL account.

Rain Na Bun
Thailand
Member (2011)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
How can I contact SDL Technical Support? Nov 13, 2011

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello,
direct support is for users with the "Premium Support and Maintenance Agreement" which is paid.

However, this forum is closely monitored by SDL Support staff who provide valuable answers to users' questions.

You are eligible for free support on installation and licensing issues though. If your questions concern installation and/or licensing issues, log a support case through the Solution Finder from within your SDL account.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have already went to solution finder page of SDL website. I cannot find the answer and also cannot see any link to contact SDL support.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:28
English
Getting support blog article Nov 13, 2011

Hi,

Aside from this forum which is a very good place to get help with a technical problem when you don't have a support contract there are others:

How to get support for SDL Products Blog entry : http://tinyurl.com/SDLProductsSupport

If the problem is installation of licensing, or a failure of the application to work after installation, then you can use the solution finder as Stan suggested. But you do have to go through a little Q&A first and you might find you won't need to contact Support at all if one of the suggested KB articles as a result of the Q&A helps. BUt if they don't then you should get a form at the end allowing you to raise a support request.

Regards

Paul

Rain Na Bun
Thailand
Member (2011)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
How can I contact SDL Technical Support? Nov 13, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

Aside from this forum which is a very good place to get help with a technical problem when you don't have a support contract there are others:

How to get support for SDL Products Blog entry : http://tinyurl.com/SDLProductsSupport

If the problem is installation of licensing, or a failure of the application to work after installation, then you can use the solution finder as Stan suggested. But you do have to go through a little Q&A first and you might find you won't need to contact Support at all if one of the suggested KB articles as a result of the Q&A helps. BUt if they don't then you should get a form at the end allowing you to raise a support request.

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul.

I have no installation problem but the problem of using the software. I visit product knowledge base in SDL website, I cannot find the answer and also cannot see any link to contact SDL support.

Could you please answer the question from thiese links?

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211877-spell_checker_trados_2011:need_help.html#1840352

Spell Checker of Trados 2011 does not operate.

1. I have MS Office 2010
The spelling check works well with MS office.
But cannot work in Trados.

I also have office language pack 2010. Is this can help?

2. Hunspelldictionaries
I see the language that I normally use in the folder of Hunspelldictionaries in SDL folder in my computer.

en_GB.aff
en_GB which is a text file

en_US.aff
en_US which is a text file

th_TH.aff
th_TH which is a text file

I look into the spellcheckmanager_config in the same folder,
there is no th_TH.aff
th_TH which is a text file

Is it the reason the spell checker does not operate?

3.Custom
I thought if I use the custom check instead may be I can activate the spell checker.
So, I visited hunspell website. There was th_TH link to download but could not open the link.
I also used custom function to attach en_US and en_GB dictionary that I had downloaded from hunspell,
but nothing happened.

What should I do to activate the spell checker in Trados 2011?

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211666-question:_trados_2011_add_user_name_spell_checker.html

1.How can I add my name in the comment box?
Presently, my comment box user name is Window 7.
I have already changed name and email address in the setup user under File button, but when I comment on the segment, the Window 7 still appears as the user name.

Or I cannot change the username.

And another problem,

I review the project.
I found that if the segment that I have edited and put the status as translation rejected will not be saved in TM.
This is the shortcoming of the program because I have to repeat editing the next same words or sentence again in other segments.

If I do the translation approved, what I edit will save in TM, but customer cannot see the track change.
That's why I have to keep track change with translation rejected.

Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I contact SDL Technical Support?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search