Thread poster: Luisa Fiorini

Luisa Fiorini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 13, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I have a brand new pc (HP 6200 Pro, with windows 7 professional SP1 64 bit) on which I wanted to install Trados 2007 suite, Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009 SP4.
I downloaded the exe files from my SDL account and started the installation process with Multiterm. During the installation process, the following error message appeared on screen: "Could not access network location \Hewlett-Packard\\." I clicked Retry but the message kept popping up, then I clicked Cancel and the following message appeared: "Set up did not complete. SDL Multiterm 2009 Convert could not be installed. Fatal Error. Error number 1603".
I tried then to install Trados 2007 Suite but I got the following error message: "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10. The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package of Windows Installer. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
I sent an e-mail to the Italian reseller of Trados who told me that there is a precise order for installing the software as indicated in the sdl web site. I searched the archive and the KB but haven't been able to find it. I decided to use the solution finder to send a ticket to sdl and the operator told me to switch off the User Access Control and to install again the software from the oldest to the newest (even if, in her opinion, there is no need to follow a pricise order). I managed to install successfully both Suite 2007 and Studio 2009 but during the installation of MT I got the same error messages above. I found on my external HD an .exe file of Multiterm 2009 SP3 and decided to try it: I installaed without problems but the operator told me to uninstall it since it is not fully compatible with the latest release of Studio 2009. I tried again to download MT SP4 from my account but the same error message popped up.
I started a remote session with the operator to see what was going on. She managed to install the software by clicking on all the .msi files in Programs (x 86) > SDL > Installers > SDL Multiterm 2009 > SP4 > Modules but when she opened Multiterm on my desktop she found out that the button "Check for Updates" was greyed out. I do not remeber what she did (which she did not find) but at the end of the session I tried to click on the link of Studio 2009 on my desktop and got another error message. "The Lauch exe has been moved. It is not possible to launch the software". I sent another e-mail for the new error message but did not get reply. Did anybody know how to solve these two problems and have everything running smoothly?

Many thanks!

Luisa

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
--- Nov 13, 2011

Luisa Fiorini wrote:
I downloaded the exe files from my SDL account and started the installation process with Multiterm.

Luisa, did you do exactly what you wrote? Did you try to install Multiterm first of all?
You should install in the following order: 1) Trados 2007 suite, 2) Studio 2009 and 3) Multiterm 2009 SP4, you cannot start with Multiterm.

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
--- Nov 13, 2011

Yes, I started with Multiterm and the operator told me that there isn't a huge difference. When I followed the correct order, the error message popped up again. She managed to install MT by clicking on the .mis files but the "Check for Updates" button was disabled.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
--- Nov 13, 2011

When you install in the proper order, all necessary components are installed first. I would suggest removing everything you installed, clean the registry, reboot the computer and reinstall in proper order.

Steve Rawcliffe
Dutch to English
+ ...
Seems to be an HP problem, rather than an SDL one Oct 20, 2012

Apparently, this bug is affecting installation of other software on HP machines.

Solution here: http://blog.unixwiz.net/2012/01/could-not-access-network-location-hewlett-packard-error.html

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Dec 2, 2012

thanks

[Modificato alle 2012-12-02 17:26 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also a problem with SDL Multiterm 2014 May 30, 2014

I just wanted to mention that indeed the same happens when you install SDL Multiterm 2014 and that, also in this case, the solution pointed out by the colleague does work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Muliterm SP4: installation problems

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search