Searching for files with Maintenance>Filter... Suddenly not working for just one file?
Thread poster: keelystar

keelystar
Local time: 16:44
Nov 15, 2011

Hi all. I'm new to this whole Trados thing, so I apologies if I'm not clear or using the right terminology.

I'm working with Workbench 8.2 from Trados 2007. We found a font corruption issue in our TM. After finding deleting the corupted files I cleaned back in the fixed file with all the filters and project settings to help us keep track of all that sort of stuff; and now for some reason I cannot find the file that I cleaned in. I using Maintenance>Filter and pulling everything assigned to this file and nothing comes up. Which is terribly confusing because another file that I cleaned in moments after the one I'm looking for comes up just fine with this method of search.

I've started over with a backed-up copy of the TM, I've exported, reorganized, closed, opened, rebooted to no avail. I've search the forums but I'm not coming across anyone else having a similar problem. I would deeply appreciate any insight, help or direction on this matter.

keelystar
Local time: 16:44
TOPIC STARTER
Still a problem; Filter Search Maintenace Nov 17, 2011

The issue above continues. I've re-set everything I can think to reset and it clean in sometimes but not others.

I don't know why I bother to keep posting since no one is responding...BUT the Filter search thing is very odd. I will do a search for >11/15/11, 12:00 and get no results but if I then click OR and add a client field I suddenly get results for that client for 11/16/11 through 11/17/11. Or if i search with just my user ID I get two results but when I add a client filed with OR I get 250 results. I'd love to know why I can't do a large search by on field.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for files with Maintenance>Filter... Suddenly not working for just one file?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search