Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2011

Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" for the file XXX.doc.sdlxliff?

I tried a few times to save target content and it worked fine in the beginning of my translation. Now, after having machine translated the whole document with Google Translate, I received this error message when trying to save target content. I machine translated with Google Translate directly in SDL Trados Studio 2011 by activating this feature in project settings.

Could the problem be that tags has been incorrectly translated/copied or not copied from source to target segment during the machine translation with Google Translate? And that this problem will be solved when I have finished translating the whole document and made certain that the tags in target segment correspond to tags in source segment?

Anyway, I must get some indications now how to proceed because if I, in the end, still can't save target content it would be a disaster! My client needs the target content and the whole project is on 20,000 words.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Tags Nov 16, 2011

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Could the problem be that tags has been incorrectly translated/copied or not copied from source to target segment during the machine translation with Google Translate?

I had it once and that was exactly my problem. I don´t translate with Google Translate, however I forgot to place a tag in one target segment, so Trados didn´t let me save the file. Pressing F8 should verify where the problem is. Once I had all the tags correctly set in my target file, I could save as usual.

Good luck!

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfect! Nov 17, 2011

Thanks Nani, worked perfect to do as you suggested! I can save the target file now.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
good news Nov 17, 2011

I´m glad to hear that. Happy translating! icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search