Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2011

Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" for the file XXX.doc.sdlxliff?

I tried a few times to save target content and it worked fine in the beginning of my translation. Now, after having machine translated the whole document with Google Translate, I received this error message when trying to save target content. I machine translated with Google Translate directly in SDL Trados Studio 2011 by activating this feature in project settings.

Could the problem be that tags has been incorrectly translated/copied or not copied from source to target segment during the machine translation with Google Translate? And that this problem will be solved when I have finished translating the whole document and made certain that the tags in target segment correspond to tags in source segment?

Anyway, I must get some indications now how to proceed because if I, in the end, still can't save target content it would be a disaster! My client needs the target content and the whole project is on 20,000 words.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
German to Spanish
Tags Nov 16, 2011

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Could the problem be that tags has been incorrectly translated/copied or not copied from source to target segment during the machine translation with Google Translate?

I had it once and that was exactly my problem. I don´t translate with Google Translate, however I forgot to place a tag in one target segment, so Trados didn´t let me save the file. Pressing F8 should verify where the problem is. Once I had all the tags correctly set in my target file, I could save as usual.

Good luck!

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfect! Nov 17, 2011

Thanks Nani, worked perfect to do as you suggested! I can save the target file now.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
German to Spanish
good news Nov 17, 2011

I´m glad to hear that. Happy translating! icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get the error message "Failed to save target content" in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search