Add item to Quick Insert not working (SDL Trados Studio 2011)
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:34
German to English
Nov 16, 2011

I want to add single quotes to my Quick Insert options for Word and also have a shortcut on the toolbar and a keyboard shortcut.

I have tried this in the global and project settings and nothing seems to work. Obviously I have ticked the box 'Display on toolbar' but that has not done the trick. If I click on the button to call up the Quick Insert list, I can see that the option is there. And I can even add it. But if I have to press the button and scroll through the entire list every time, it's not exactly "quick" is it?

OK, this has never worked well (for me at least). In 2009, I could add a term and it would at least stay on the toolbar until I opened the next document. I also had the option of choosing a keyboard shortcut, from those still available (e.g. CTRL-9). But in 2011 I'm not even getting that. Are we taking steps backwards now?

While I'm at it, is there a way of editing the buttons for quick insert terms? It is not exactly helpful to have a row of buttons that all look exactly the same.

Thanks for all help and suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No-one have any ideas? Nov 18, 2011

Is Jerzy on holiday?

Quick insert is not working for me either Mar 24, 2012

I'd like to add my plea for a fix of this issue. I keep adding the items to the Quick Insert list, I check "Display on toolbar" and once they actually appeared there and I was able to use the function. But ever since they disappear every time I shut the program down. So I have to add them every time I start a new work session. Actually, I cannot predict if and when they will "stick" or appear from one time to the next.
This is a major problem for me since I translate scholarly texts with a lot of quotes and terms requiring special characters.
Please! Can someone at SDL kindly help to sort out this important flaw?
Jerzy? Paul?
Thank you in advance
Smeralda

adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 23:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem here... Dec 11, 2013

An old thread, but it was not answered and I'd really appreciate some help. I'm going through all the steps in the manual/various sources online, ticking the "show in toolbar" box, but the button is not appearing. I've tried both Project Settings and through the Tools>Options>File Types route (both varieties of Word). Nothing!

Thanks for any help....

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
shut down and reopen Studio Dec 11, 2013

adrienneiii wrote:

An old thread, but it was not answered and I'd really appreciate some help. I'm going through all the steps in the manual/various sources online, ticking the "show in toolbar" box, but the button is not appearing. I've tried both Project Settings and through the Tools>Options>File Types route (both varieties of Word). Nothing!

Thanks for any help....

after going through the process of creating a Quick Insert item, just close Studio and open it again. your new Quick Insert item should show up.
it worked for me this way in Studio 2014.
good luck!

adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 23:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks, but afraid it didn't work for me..... Dec 11, 2013

Any other suggestions?

Seems really bizarre. I know I managed to do this a long time ago, but for some reason the button has now disappeared.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add item to Quick Insert not working (SDL Trados Studio 2011)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search