David Howard  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:05
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2011

Hi there,

I've just re-installed Trados 2007 having bought a new computer.

When trying to align two files, I only have the option of French and Spanish for both the source and target files. How can I change the settings to include English?

Many thanks,

David

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:05
Member (2013)
German to English
What languages did you select during installation? Nov 16, 2011

I would have thought that whichever languages you selected when installing the product should at least be available.

Having said that. When I installed Trados Studio 2011, it "forced" me to select 5 languages and when I open WinAlign only four of them are available... I would be interested to hear feedback on that.

Perhaps the solution to your problem is to align the documents with the options you have available and edit the export file at the end.

I'm not sure how much work it would involve, but maybe it is possible to search/replace the language tags in the TXT-export with the ones you actually want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only two language options in Winalign

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search