Thread poster: Christine Sabanowski-Thiaux
Christine Sabanowski-Thiaux
France
Local time: 12:29
English to French
Nov 16, 2011

Hi all

I've read the same problem on earlier posts but found no solution...

I've just purchased Studio 2011 Freelance Plus with Trados 2007 Freelance and installed both programs without any licensing problem.

But when I tried to open Trados 2007's Translator's Workbench for the first time, it did not open (whereas TagEditor opens correctly).

Here is the error message:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the
... See more
Hi all

I've read the same problem on earlier posts but found no solution...

I've just purchased Studio 2011 Freelance Plus with Trados 2007 Freelance and installed both programs without any licensing problem.

But when I tried to open Trados 2007's Translator's Workbench for the first time, it did not open (whereas TagEditor opens correctly).

Here is the error message:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close."

I've followed solution finder's advice but it does not work.
I've also tried the "Register SDL Trados 2007" command, but it does not solve the problem.

My hard drive is new so there is no problem with it.

Before purchasing Studio 2011/Trados 2007, I had downloaded the SDLX Lite demo software.
I cannot find how to uninstall it. Would the problem come from this?

I read that most of the time, reinstalling did not solve the problem...
I sent a message to SDL Support but no answer at this time.

Some said that a patch could solve the problem...?

Thanks for your help!
Christine
Collapse

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
A possible reason Nov 16, 2011

Hi Christine,

The error message you quoted is exactly the one I get when I try to open a TM while another one is already open. This happens all the time by accident. When you open Tag Editor, it launches Workbench, although it asks first whether to do so. So it is quite possible you already have an instance of Workbench open. Please verify if there is no Workbench process running in the background already. To do so, y
... See more
Hi Christine,

The error message you quoted is exactly the one I get when I try to open a TM while another one is already open. This happens all the time by accident. When you open Tag Editor, it launches Workbench, although it asks first whether to do so. So it is quite possible you already have an instance of Workbench open. Please verify if there is no Workbench process running in the background already. To do so, you can press CTRL SHIFT ESC, and search for TW4Win.exe on the list.

Another reason could be a Tag Editor message that is waiting for your answer. You can switch the open windows to see if that is the case.

I hope this helps.
Adam
Collapse

Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:29
German to English
+ ...
Reason for confusing wording of this message Nov 16, 2011

Any normal person would put "Workbench already open" and that would get the message across. The programmers have no conscience about being unhelpful, even though we have paid a considerable sum of money for the product.

Why is Trados employing unhelpful people? Perhaps they can only find embittered "nerds". When I was a teacher, I remember the "nerds" being ostracised by the other kids. Nowadays, many of these formerly ostracised people have a lot of power over the customers in the
... See more
Any normal person would put "Workbench already open" and that would get the message across. The programmers have no conscience about being unhelpful, even though we have paid a considerable sum of money for the product.

Why is Trados employing unhelpful people? Perhaps they can only find embittered "nerds". When I was a teacher, I remember the "nerds" being ostracised by the other kids. Nowadays, many of these formerly ostracised people have a lot of power over the customers in the IT sector. Maybe, even subconsciously, they are getting their revenge now.

That is just a theory of mine. If you do not agree with it, please suggest your own.
Collapse

France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I already tested but no tw4win Nov 17, 2011

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

Please verify if there is no Workbench process running in the background already. To do so, you can press CTRL SHIFT ESC, and search for TW4Win.exe on the list.

Thanks Adam for your answer.
Unfortunatety, I had already seen this "solution" in the forum but there is no Tw4win.exe in the list.
The same error happens when I start my computer and first open TWB without any other program open...

Have a nice day
Christine

France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Solved ! Nov 17, 2011

Just to say that SDL just contacted me and solved the problem on my machine!

Thanks to the Support team!

Best regards,
Christine

Lefand
Lefand  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:29
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Error message: "An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation" May 17, 2012

I have also received this error message:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close."

It is on my new PC (Windows 7, 64-bit): I installed Trados 2007, activated licence (I have additional licence).
This licence can be seen in the licence manager.
But, when I try to open Translator's Workbench, I receive the a.m. message.
I tried to remove and install Trad
... See more
I have also received this error message:

It is on my new PC (Windows 7, 64-bit): I installed Trados 2007, activated licence (I have additional licence).
This licence can be seen in the licence manager.
But, when I try to open Translator's Workbench, I receive the a.m. message.
I tried to remove and install Trados 2007 several times, I registered Trados on the PC, I re-activated the licence...
No effect.
Trados Helpdesk (I have written them) is silent.
Does anybody has any ideas how this can be improved?

Latest good news: I received reply from SDL Support Team - theu gave me instructions, and now everything is working. Thank you!

[Редактировалось 2012-05-17 15:15 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open Translator's Workbench 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »