SDL TRADOS - problems loading a word file
Thread poster: SC Nova

SC Nova
Local time: 16:38
French to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2011

Hi,

I keep on getting a window saying that there is an error in uploading a simple word file because "TRACKED CHANGES" have been made and not accepted or rejected.

Well, I went into my document and made sure that this was done and that the function is turned off, and after saving and exiting, and retrying in Trados, I still get the same message.

How do I overcome this problem? My time is running out.

Please help!!!

jimshanks
Local time: 21:38
Dutch to English
Solution already in this forum Nov 17, 2011

This is the second time I have read this same type of problem today in the forum even though the subject has been dealt with in other threads. Perhaps the Moderators should consider making the solution a Sticky Thread so that the answer can easily be found by those who are not familiar with the forum and are in a desperate hurry? Just my two cents worth

FOR MODERATORS: THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR A STICKY THREAD AND NOT FOR POSTING ON THE FORUM. SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE MODERATORS

[Edited at 2011-11-17 18:31 GMT]

Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
See this link. Nov 17, 2011

tradusaro wrote:

Hi,

I keep on getting a window saying that there is an error in uploading a simple word file because "TRACKED CHANGES" have been made and not accepted or rejected.

Well, I went into my document and made sure that this was done and that the function is turned off, and after saving and exiting, and retrying in Trados, I still get the same message.

How do I overcome this problem? My time is running out.

Please help!!!

Hi,

Please read second post here, it may help: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/212284-track_changes_hindering_project_set_up.html#1843055

HTH

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 15:38
Spanish to French
+ ...
possible solutions Nov 17, 2011

I've been there too. Have you tried and accept all changes under the Revision view in Word? Also, if you are working in a project, delete the one you have started and create it from scratch. Sometimes some settings are still in memory and it keeps rejecting files because of that.
I think I had to go back and forth btw doc and rtf formats at some point when the above solution did not work...

HTH

Regina Seelos  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Save as rtf and then as doc again Nov 17, 2011

I usually do the same Nicolas describes too, save as rtf and then as doc again. that often helps.

Best,
Regina

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Thank you for the suggestion Nov 17, 2011

jimshanks wrote:
Perhaps the Moderators should consider making the solution a Sticky Thread...

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, the thread can be made sticky, BUT:
1) if we will proceed this way, quite soon this forum will consist mostly of sticky threads,
and
2) sticky or not sticky, many people all the same will post a new question as this is considered a much faster way than searching in the forum

I have another idea how to make this forum more useful, I am going to post in a new thread in a while.

...I DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE MODERATORS

It is quite easy: the links are at the bottom of the page.

jimshanks
Local time: 21:38
Dutch to English
Now I see the link! Nov 17, 2011

Hi Natalie,
many thanks for the guidance - I very rarely get down that low on a page! Hopefully my ignorance will help others who feel the need to communicate with the moderators "privately".

SC Nova
Local time: 16:38
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone who submitted a reply Nov 18, 2011

All the answers were useful. In the end, saving as a docx worked best.

Cheers,
tradusaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS - problems loading a word file

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search