https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/212308-sdl_trados_problems_loading_a_word_file.html

SDL TRADOS - problems loading a word file
Thread poster: SC Nova

SC Nova
Local time: 15:16
French to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2011

Hi,

I keep on getting a window saying that there is an error in uploading a simple word file because "TRACKED CHANGES" have been made and not accepted or rejected.

Well, I went into my document and made sure that this was done and that the function is turned off, and after saving and exiting, and retrying in Trados, I still get the same message.

How do I overcome this problem? My time is running out.

Please help!!!

jimshanks
Local time: 20:16
Dutch to English
Solution already in this forum Nov 17, 2011

This is the second time I have read this same type of problem today in the forum even though the subject has been dealt with in other threads. Perhaps the Moderators should consider making the solution a Sticky Thread so that the answer can easily be found by those who are not familiar with the forum and are in a desperate hurry? Just my two cents worth

FOR MODERATORS: THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR A STICKY THREAD AND NOT FOR POSTING ON THE FORUM. SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO COM
... See more
This is the second time I have read this same type of problem today in the forum even though the subject has been dealt with in other threads. Perhaps the Moderators should consider making the solution a Sticky Thread so that the answer can easily be found by those who are not familiar with the forum and are in a desperate hurry? Just my two cents worth

FOR MODERATORS: THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR A STICKY THREAD AND NOT FOR POSTING ON THE FORUM. SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE MODERATORS

[Edited at 2011-11-17 18:31 GMT]
Collapse

Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
See this link. Nov 17, 2011

tradusaro wrote:

Hi,

I keep on getting a window saying that there is an error in uploading a simple word file because "TRACKED CHANGES" have been made and not accepted or rejected.

Well, I went into my document and made sure that this was done and that the function is turned off, and after saving and exiting, and retrying in Trados, I still get the same message.

How do I overcome this problem? My time is running out.

Please help!!!

Hi,

Please read second post here, it may help: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/212284-track_changes_hindering_project_set_up.html#1843055

HTH

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 14:16
Spanish to French
+ ...
possible solutions Nov 17, 2011

I've been there too. Have you tried and accept all changes under the Revision view in Word? Also, if you are working in a project, delete the one you have started and create it from scratch. Sometimes some settings are still in memory and it keeps rejecting files because of that.
I think I had to go back and forth btw doc and rtf formats at some point when the above solution did not work...

HTH

Regina Seelos (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Save as rtf and then as doc again Nov 17, 2011

I usually do the same Nicolas describes too, save as rtf and then as doc again. that often helps.

Best,
Regina

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you for the suggestion Nov 17, 2011

jimshanks wrote:
Perhaps the Moderators should consider making the solution a Sticky Thread...

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, the thread can be made sticky, BUT:
1) if we will proceed this way, quite soon this forum will consist mostly of sticky threads,
and
2) sticky or not sticky, many people all the same will post a new question as this is considered a much faster way than searching in the forum

I have another idea how to make this forum more useful, I am going to post in a new thread in a while.

...I DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE MODERATORS

It is quite easy: the links are at the bottom of the page.

jimshanks
Local time: 20:16
Dutch to English
Now I see the link! Nov 17, 2011

Hi Natalie,
many thanks for the guidance - I very rarely get down that low on a page! Hopefully my ignorance will help others who feel the need to communicate with the moderators "privately".

SC Nova
Local time: 15:16
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone who submitted a reply Nov 18, 2011

All the answers were useful. In the end, saving as a docx worked best.

Cheers,
tradusaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS - problems loading a word file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »