Studio 2009 and Trados 2007
Thread poster: Laura Miller

Laura Miller  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:01
French to English
Nov 17, 2011

Does anyone happen to know if you can have and use both SDL Trados 2007 and Studio 2009 on the same computer? I currently have SDL Trados 2007. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Trados Studio 2009, but have been asked by one of my agencies to use it. I don't want to get rid of my Trados 2007, but need to download Studio 2009 (which I received as a free upgrade in 2009, and have never downloaded).
Any information on this would be much appreciated, thanks!

Helmaninquiel
Local time: 18:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
No problem Nov 17, 2011

I used them until I upgraded to 2011.

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:01
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Yes Nov 17, 2011

I currently use both, or at least am trying to... still struggling with 2009.

United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great Nov 17, 2011

That's good to know, there's something about Studio 2009 that I just don't like, maybe it's just an old dog not wanting to learn a new trick, or the fact that I had to take an entire class on how to use Trados while I was grad student - not exactly intuitive programs. Thanks!

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 11:01
Spanish to French
+ ...
one issue still not solved in 2009 Nov 17, 2011

When you use Trados Workbench, Term Recognition stops working in 2009. Supposedly, it had been fixed in SP3, but I still have to reinstall the Side by Side component everytime I use Workbench to make this very useful feature work again in Studio 2009.

[Modifié le 2011-11-17 19:55 GMT]

United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 19, 2011

Thanks for the tip Nicolas!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and Trados 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search