Several errors in Grammar Check and Spelling Check - SDLX
Thread poster: Andreia Pereira

Andreia Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 17, 2011

I have spent this entire day trying to find the answer to my problem, but with no success.

My system is: Windows 7, Office 2007, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance Suite

It started when I tried to do a Grammar Check in SDLX. I would get an error message of Microsoft Word, saying that it was going to close and then the following error appeared:
"Grammar Check: Error automating MS Word
No MS Word grammar checker is available for the translation language."

Now, when I open MS Word, it is woking just fine and the grammar and spelling checkers are also working fine.

After that, I tried doing a Spelling Check in SDLX. The error shown was now different:
SDLX Spelling Checker
Run-time error '462': The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.

Then, in another project, I tried to run Analyse in TWB, but I didn't work... another message saying that an error had occured and that Microsoft Word was going to close.

After running a program to fix registry errors (recommended for correcting run-time errors), the problem persists

There is ONE thing that seems to work: If I have a Word document opened when I try to run Analyse in TWB, Grammar Checker and Spelling Checker in SDLX, they actually work! Only Grammar Checker doesn't work perfectly because it says that TRADOS8.dotm is locked for editing by me and I can either open a Read-Only copy or create a local copy. If I choose one of these options, the Grammar Checker runs OK but at the end it says that the file is being used by another application or user (file path C:\Users\Andreia\AppData\...\Normal.dotm). And then the window "Save as" appears to let me save the new model, I click cancel and all is well...

Except for the extra time spent with all this.
Do you have any idea of what may be causing this problem? I reinstalled SDLX, but the problem didn't disappear.

Thanks, in advance, for your support!

Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Several errors in Grammar Check and Spelling Check - SDLX

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search