Workbench crashing
Thread poster: willmow
willmow
willmow
Local time: 18:59
German to English
Nov 17, 2011

Hi everyone.

Trados 2007. Out of the blue, WB is crashing mid-clean-up (and deleting the file being cleaned up) with the following message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International \T2007_FL\TTxerces-c_2_1_0RS.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator.......

I am unable to clean up or update anything with WB, so I'm doing so
... See more
Hi everyone.

Trados 2007. Out of the blue, WB is crashing mid-clean-up (and deleting the file being cleaned up) with the following message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International \T2007_FL\TTxerces-c_2_1_0RS.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator.......

I am unable to clean up or update anything with WB, so I'm doing so manually! Help!
Collapse

willmow
willmow
Local time: 18:59
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed! Nov 19, 2011

Thanks for the tsunami of helpful replies (i.e. zero, not one). In the end a colleague suggested running the Windows Repair routine on Trados 2007 Freelance, which seems to have fixed the problem. I say fixed, but the Register routine seems to think I still have a problem. It says: "RegAsm: error RA0000: An error occurred while writing the registration information to the registry. You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator." Any clues? Don't ... See more
Thanks for the tsunami of helpful replies (i.e. zero, not one). In the end a colleague suggested running the Windows Repair routine on Trados 2007 Freelance, which seems to have fixed the problem. I say fixed, but the Register routine seems to think I still have a problem. It says: "RegAsm: error RA0000: An error occurred while writing the registration information to the registry. You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator." Any clues? Don't all shout at once.....Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench crashing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »