Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2011

Why do I get the error message Invalid plug-in Info string: File Writing

In fact, I get several error messages all of a sudden the moment when I try to "Save all", in this order:

"Error The operation completed successfully" (!, which is not locical: error that the operation completed successfully!)
"Invalid plug-in Info string: File Writing"
"Not enough storage is available to process this command."

When I try to "Save target as" I get this error message:

"Failed to save target content: Invalid plug-in info string"

I checked CPU but no indications that CPU is running high on my laptop (although I have a lot of open windows at the moment when I get these error messages, and other applications that require RAM-memory/CPU).

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Probably there is some CPU problem but I can't be sure Nov 18, 2011

Probably there is some CPU problem but I can't be sure. When I didn't use the laptop for about five minutes and then begun to use it again, I didn't get this recurring pop-up window "Error The operation completed successfully" for the first two minutes. But then it continued the same way. I get this pop-up window if I click on another pane in the left-hand part of the Studio-window. Or if I click any other application in the Task bar.

[Edited at 2011-11-18 14:41 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get the error message Invalid plug-in Info string: File Writing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search