Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:23
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2011

Hi all!

I have been working in SDL Studio 2009 and I think I am now used to it. It's quite fast and I am quite happy with the application, but there is a feature I used lots of times in SDL Trados and that I do not know how to use in Studio.

I usually receive pretranslated documents in which the fuzzy matches have also been pretranslated. They are repetitions from segments from other files, and when I translate one of these segments, it does not autopropagate to these segments containing the "fuzzy translation" in the target segment. As they are mainly changes in tags and format, it will save me a lot of time to have some kind of automatic way to deal with this, like a shortcut or the like. I modify the fuzzy in one file, and then when moving to another one which is an exact repetition of the previous segment, it doesn't propagate or I do not know how to do it. Do you know if there is a way to deal with this?

Many thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get new matches from TM over pretranslated text

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search