Unglue ttx files not working
Thread poster: tomoo7

tomoo7
Local time: 16:05
Nov 18, 2011

Hi, I'd appreciate if anybody could advise what to do.
I have a project conaining about 500 txt files that look like this:

Adr0001a=Basis
Adr0001b=Kommunikation
Adr0001c=Allgemein
Adr0001=Adresse Verwalten

To translate those in Trados I have defined the External Patterns (in Regular Expression text files) as Opening: \= and Closing: $

This worked perfectly. I openend the txt files in TagEditor, then Trados defined everything before the = sign as external tags. Then I closed the files saving them as ttx. To have everything in one file for translation purposes I glued the ttx files. Translation in TagEditor worked fine.
Now the translation is done.

I unglued the files and got the individual ttx files (still unclean), but I'm not able to open them any more: Trados says:

(4007): Error reading TTX file header: Invalid document structure

What do?
Additional question: Shouldn`t the unglue facility produce cleaned txt files instead of ttx files?

Thank you very much


 

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:05
Member (2004)
English to Polish
This is unglue for you... Nov 18, 2011

Glue/unglue facility of Trados 2007 is notorious for its instability.

Please note though, that you still have the results of the translation, so you can translate them automatically with Workbench.

They only problem is when one source segment has two different translations, which in localization is not that rare (e.g. "Name" might be translated as "Nazwisko", "Imię i nazwisko" or "Nazwa"). In that case you have to note the occurrence of the relevant segments and correct them manually.


 

tomoo7
Local time: 16:05
TOPIC STARTER
Glue process steps Nov 19, 2011

Thank you...

I had exactly that feeling of instability when working with the glue facility.
The retranslation on the basis of the TMW is of course an option I can choose.

I'm still wondering wheter anybody can tell me what the correct sequence of steps is when working with Glue/Unglue.

1. txt files are converted to ( a big) ttx
2. translation with Workbench
then
3. cleanup of ttx ?
3. unglue into txt then cleanup

Maybe anyone has done that before?

Thank you


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unglue ttx files not working

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search