Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:27
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 19, 2011

Hi all,

Trying to familiarize myself with the new product, please could you advise on the following?

1) In Editor view, how do I remove (or move so it is rather the last column, not in the middle) the column in the middle (between source and target columns) that contains the segment status icon and percentage / match? I wish to have source and target as close to each other as possible without any distracting elements.
Similarly, how do I remove/hide the "pa" parag
... See more
Hi all,

Trying to familiarize myself with the new product, please could you advise on the following?

1) In Editor view, how do I remove (or move so it is rather the last column, not in the middle) the column in the middle (between source and target columns) that contains the segment status icon and percentage / match? I wish to have source and target as close to each other as possible without any distracting elements.
Similarly, how do I remove/hide the "pa" paragraph indicator column on the very right side?

2) How do I "undock" - change to a floating window - Editor view? (The translation memory and other windows can be repositioned and resized as needed within the main window dragging their title bar and edges, but this does not work for Editor window which seems to be somehow "glued" to the main window - although it can still be closed separately.)

Thank you!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Answers Nov 19, 2011

Some answers, but not all.
You can hide the paragraph column through tools>options>editor "show document structure information".
AFAIK, you can't move the status column.
I don't think you can float the editor window, but you can float all the others and even pin them to another monitor. Then you can use F11 to have the side-by-side editor window open in full screen mode on your first monitor.
HTH a bit,
Emma

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
thanks! Nov 19, 2011

Thank you very much Emma for these.

Hm, but isn't the middle status column disturbing for others here?

I have one new question for anyone helpful:

How can I define a universal font type for all the translation texts displayed in Studio?

In Trados 2007, I defined some font as custom and it has been applied to all files no matter what the default source font was.

In Studio 2011, even if I change the Font Adaptation settings under Too
... See more
Thank you very much Emma for these.

Hm, but isn't the middle status column disturbing for others here?

I have one new question for anyone helpful:

How can I define a universal font type for all the translation texts displayed in Studio?

In Trados 2007, I defined some font as custom and it has been applied to all files no matter what the default source font was.

In Studio 2011, even if I change the Font Adaptation settings under Tools / Options / Editor, a new file still gets displayed with its own font.
Collapse

Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Here's how Nov 23, 2011

In the first view for the Editor settings, you'll find a setting called "Formatting display style". Set this to "Show all tags but do not show formatting".
I find this setting much, much easier on the eyes.

As far as that middle column goes, I've never even thought of it being destracting. Maybe it is though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 newbie questions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »