https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/212449-studio_2009_and_images_in_rtf_files.html

Studio 2009 and images in rtf files
Thread poster: wierzbicki
wierzbicki
wierzbicki
Poland
Local time: 18:45
Nov 19, 2011

Hello,
I have an .rtf file with quite a lot of images. The rtf file and the images sit in the same folder, and once the rtf file is removed from the folder, the images are not displayed in the file. And this is perfectly ok.

When I use Studio 2009 on this file, after translating and exporting the translation back to the rtf file, the images are not displayed in the rtf file.

When I look at the rtf file in Notepad, I can see that images are used in this file format
... See more
Hello,
I have an .rtf file with quite a lot of images. The rtf file and the images sit in the same folder, and once the rtf file is removed from the folder, the images are not displayed in the file. And this is perfectly ok.

When I use Studio 2009 on this file, after translating and exporting the translation back to the rtf file, the images are not displayed in the rtf file.

When I look at the rtf file in Notepad, I can see that images are used in this file format by means of the INCLUDEPICTURE "path/filnename" tag, and after Studio export, there are long paths added to the filenames, making the word processor look for images where they are not. These false paths for some reason vary and, when the file is opened in Notepad, contain random line breaks, so they cannot be removed by Find/Replace.

I tried saving the rtf file as a doc file, translating it and then saving it back in the rtf file format, but the problem remained - image location paths were altered just as when translating the rtf file.

Is there a way to prepare an rtf file or make Studio work in a way that would not alter the information on image location which is stored in the file?

Thanks for any hints!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and images in rtf files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »