Thread poster: Wendy Cummings

Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2011

I have an excel spreadsheet that I wish to convert then import into a new termbase. The spreadsheet just has 2 columns, source and target.

The termbase definition that I will be using has a "status" field, one of the options for which is "client approved". When I import the spreadsheet, I want every single item from that spread sheet to have the status "client approved".

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Martina-K  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
Italian to German
+ ...
Insert an additional column in the excel file Nov 22, 2011

Dear Wendy,

there may be other solutions, but I would simply insert an additional column in excel called "status" and containing the value "client approved" for each term before converting the excel file.
If you want to add the status to both source and target terms, then you should add said column after the source term column and after the target term column.

HTH
Martina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing excel to multiterm - applying a batch status

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search