SDL Trados Studio 2009 - Reinstallation
Thread poster: JudyK

JudyK  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2011

Good morning - I had a virus on my laptop this week and need to run a complete recovery to return it to its original state when it was shipped. I just want to make sure that I can download my software from the SDL Trados website again (I can see from my account and orders that the download buttons are still there) and reactivate my license - ie start all over again. Have tried to find the answer to this on the SDL website but can't find anything.

Many thanks
Judy

[Edited at 2011-11-25 10:48 GMT]

Witold Lekawa  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:59
Member (2008)
French to Polish
+ ...
sending back the licences Nov 25, 2011

Before reinstalling the system, yor must send back your licence. If you can not send back your licence, you must contact your provider, inform him on your situation and a new system and ask for a new licence.

Witold

JudyK  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Witold Nov 25, 2011

I have now had a look at the documentation on returning licenses and it says you need to do this if you want to license the software on a different computer. As I am actually installing it on the same/original computer, do you think I still need to do this?

Rosa Grau (X)
Spain
Local time: 19:59
English to Catalan
+ ...
what happened Nov 28, 2011

Hi Judy,

I also want to uninstall and reinstall MultiTerm. Did you manage to reinstall your software without returning the license?

Thanx

JudyK  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Rosa Nov 28, 2011

No, I think you do have to return the license, which I have now done, as kindly advised by Witold. I have not got round to reinstalling yet as too busy with work to run the recovery process on my laptop!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 - Reinstallation

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search